A few weeks ago Tara at Turquoise Poppy wrote about things she’s learned since coming to Turkey. As imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I’ve made my own list.
- Living within walking distance of a beach in a hot climate is a terrific and wonderful thing.
- Communication doesn’t require language
- But language is very important to me.
- Cooking a meal from scratch from whatever is in the kitchen is a skill everyone should have (the art is in making said meal taste great!)
- Children require more thoughtful care/diplomatic skills/peacekeeping than babies.
- Marriage is the start of a relationship.
- Little girls like pink, no matter how much you discourage them.
- Trees grow slowly, especially if planted when very young saplings.
- Home-grown vegetables do taste better.
- Someone has always been there before, though they may be forgotten by history.
- Connections made through the internet are as real and important as friends in the same physical space.
What have you learned lately?